As an important lifting equipment, top running overhead crane is designed to travel on the top of the runway system which is supported by factory building or engineered columns. Such kind of crane can be used on many work occasions, such as maintenance workshop, casting or metallurgy plant, garage, assembly workstation and equipment processing factory. For different occasions, cranes are different.
For work places with limited headroom, top running overhead cranes can provide greater lifting height than under-hung cranes because top running cranes travel on rails on the top of the beams. Compared with under running cranes, top-running cranes are typically larger and better choices for heavier lifting capacity applications especially when the loads are heavier than 20 tons.
Top running crane comes into two types, and they are single girder top running crane and double girder top running crane. Single girder crane works with AQ-CD, AQ-MD hoist as its lifting mechanism, and the hoist is hung underneath the crane main beam and travels along the I-steel. The crane travels along the runway rail. There are electric motors providing power for the crane and hoist traveling.
AQ-LD bridge crane parameters:
AQ-LB Explosion proof overhead crane parameters:
AQ-HD single girder top running crane parameters:
Double girder crane is designed with trolley traveling along the track on top of the main beams, and it can provide better hook height during lifting operations compared with single girder crane. This crane can be used to meet heavy load needs. For some special working conditions, the crane should be processed and equipped with more protections measures to meet the special requirements; if it is applied in metallurgical or casting plant, some parts of the crane should be with heat insulation layer, and it requires higher security; if it is applied to the work ambient with explosive or flammable gas and dust, the crane should be processed with explosion proof protection according to the corresponding standard.
AQ-LH double girder top running crane parameters:
AQ-QB explosion proof top running crane parameters:
AQ-QD top running overhead crane parameters:
AQ-NLH double girder top running crane parameters:
You can select a top running overhead crane with either single girder or double girder style to meet your work needs. It is clearly known that single girder crane has lighter lifting capacity than double girder one. When it comes to the choice of the crane, you have to know the weight of the material that is going to be lifted, the lifting height of the material, the span and what work duty and work speed you want for the crane. The design and production of the crane you need will depend on the above information. Another thing you need to consider is that the crane you select should have reliable safety protections. Choosing the wrong crane will cause a lot of problems for your business in the long run.
Get a Free Quote
Top running overhead crane systems include easier installation and wide availability of parts, and the wheels of a top-running crane are easier to service, as the crane does not have to be suspended from above. Aimix is a professional top running overhead crane manufacturer in China and has produced many cranes for different customers all over the world. We provide the customers with reliable and best crane solutions for the different operations on various working occasions. No matter what work environment it is, we can design and customize the suitable crane according to needs. Tell us your needs and requirements, and we will offer you crane solutions. For more information about our top running overhead crane, please just let us know whenever you want.
1. Both the top running crane and its hoist should have adequate safety protection devices;
2. The rated load of the crane and its hoist should be plainly and clearly marked to make sure the marks are visible from the floor;
3. The crane and hoist cannot be operated when there is something wrong with limit switches, steel ropes, chains or other safety components;
4. No one is allowed to ride on the hook or load during operation;
5. Directional movement of the load should be made slowly and smoothly to avoid rapid and sudden movement in any direction;
6. Never exceed the rated lifting capacity of the crane and hoist to avoid unnecessary risks;
7. Inspect the components of the top running overhead cranes and its hoisting device before the use;
8. The crane operator shall be familiar with the operation manual and strictly follow it while operating and control the crane.
When the heavy loads are lifted or lowered, it is important to avoid the swinging loads, otherwise something dangerous may happen unexpectedly. It is necessary to make sure all the loose materials, components, blocking and packing have been removed from the load before lifting, and to make sure the weigh of the load is not heavier that the rated load capacity of the crane. In order to avoid the swinging loads, there are some practices can be used in the following:
1. Before lifting the heavy loads, just locate the hook and rigging connection directly above the center of gravity of the loads;
2. Verify that the lifting rope is vertical, and it is forbidden to pull or push the loads along a slope or the floor;
3. It is necessary to keep two wraps of the rope winding on the hoist drum.
|Technical Parameter of AQ-QD Double Girder Overhead Crane|
|Track type||P38||P38 P43||P43||P43||QU70||QU80|